The exciting news is that Regional Victoria will have some easing of lockdown restriction effective from 11:59 pm on Thursday, September 9, 2021.
You can read the full guidelines that were sent by the Regional Bowls manager.
Below you will find some key changes that will be in effect from Friday, September 10. Please ensure you are fully aware of what is allowed under the new guidelines and please seek clarification from club management if you have any questions.
Bowls Victoria: returning to play after snap lockdown – COVID guidelines for Bowls Clubs
Key introductory points:
• Information is changing rapidly, be sure to check the BV website, Facebook page and DHHS for updates.
• Check with your local council for any rules they may have.
• There can be different rules where clubs are interstate but affiliated with BV, awareness of the local rules is a must.
• At all times, keep safe and use common sense.
• If any member is unwell, tell them to get tested and not attend the club.
• Be patient with others, particularly those who are trying to construct/interpret rules and regulations.
Regional Victoria (as of 9 September 2021
- In general, the limit has been set at the minimum number of people required to train.
- Food and drink facility: Open for seated service only with maximum of 20 outdoors and 10 indoors subject to density limits See also the guidance for ‘types of competitions’ and ‘meals and drinks’
- For the sport of bowls, a mask must be worn and should only be lowered to enable a player to play their shot, communicate game play (tactics or instructions), to momentarily regain composure if a player is short of breath or any other valid safety reason.
- Community sport: Permitted outdoor training only with the minimum number required to train. Spectators are prohibited except one parent permitted to supervise children.
I will endeavour to find out about green access due to construction works and post this here as soon as possible.
For more information, the full guidelines are below and watch this space for further updates.