Please find the latest information from Bowls Victoria. To note:
· You must have the full COVID vaccination (or Doctor’s certificate of exemption) to play bowls
· Must use QR code scanning or manually sign-in on the Attendance sheet provided
· Maximum 50 persons per green; social distancing provision continue to apply
· Limitations on persons indoors, only for the fully vaccinated and density limits apply
· Continual requirement for mandatory use of masks away from your home (may change for outdoor use after 80% fully vaccinated)
· Prefer only household occupants to travel in a vehicle together.
VERIFICATION OF MEMBER’S VACCINATION STATUS
You will need to contact/ meet with David Lindsay or Lindsay Trounce to provide proof of COVID vaccination to enable you to play bowls this season. You can contact David Lindsay also at the Bowls shop if convenient.
LADIES TOURNAMENT – Postponed to 2022
Lynette Bryce advised that with Pennant being played on Saturday 20th November it has become necessary to postpone the Club’s annual Ladies tournament to another date to be advised, sometime in 2022.
Ballarat Highlands Bowls region
Received advice that their Board will meet next Monday night when:
· Re the draw, in light of changes, etc to the start of the season, the match committee is revising the dates and an updated program will be sent out after our Board meeting on Monday night.
· Following a Bowls Victoria meeting with regions yesterday and the latest BV Return to Play guidelines, it is clear that double vaccinations will likely be a prerequisite in our returning to play bowls. The BHBR Board will meet on Monday night to draw up a policy around COVID vaccinations and eligibility for playing pennant competitions and region/state events. This policy will cover requirements related to playing bowls. Policies relating to entry to clubrooms will remain the domain of individual clubs, following the applicable government guidelines. In the meantime, it is recommended that clubs start developing processes to gather member vaccination information.
BHBR website/ State Championship event entries
Still in the initial stages of development but worth a look. You make your registration entries for BHBR State Championship events through the website which links to BowlsLink site. You will need your member ID number (I can supply if required) to register and payment is made online at the time of entry. To note closing dates:
· 30th October – Men’s & Women’s Pairs, Men’s & Women’s Over 60’s Pairs
· 20th November – Men’s & Women’s Triples
· 18th December – Men’s & Women’s Over 60’s Singles, Men’s & Women’s Singles
· 15th January – Men’s & Women’s Fours
· 12th February – Mixed Pairs.
Clubs are to submit their Club Champion of Champions entry online by 15th January.